Friday, March 13, 2009

Sharing My Favorite Sources

The local library is a beautiful thing. Believe me when I say probably check out dozens of books a week. Not to imply that I read them all cover to cover, but I do flip through them all for ideas and inspiration. It is how I teach myself new crafts. Plus, hey... it's free.

Here are a few great books that have been awesome resources for me as I fulfill my goal of pulling completely away from commercially made beauty products. I highly recommend them to anyone interesting in natural, homemade, and chemical free body care and cleaning products


Organic Body Care Recipes has become my favorite source for homemade skin care. It has some wonderful recipes in it like different scrubs, herbal steams, astringents, masks, and lotions based on your skin type. And they are such a piece of cake! And seriously, the hardest thing you have to do is measure out the ingredients, the rest is a breeze. Stephanie Tourles does a great job of explaining things for the novice and has some simple, but brilliant ideas on how to take care of yourself.

The Naturally Clean Home is another book of excellent recipes. You will be amazed at many uses of vinegar, baking soda, herbs, and some essential oils. Karyn Siegel-Maier has ideas for every room in the house. She shows you how to clean your home using safe, non-toxic, methods that also happen to be easy and inexpensive. Don't you love it when life works out like that?



Does anyone else have any great resources or ideas? Recipes they've tried and loved? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: