Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Do you ever have those instances in your day to day life when you experience pure and inexplicable satisfaction? Here are a couple of mine:
  • Waking up to the sound of rainfall
  • Cracking my neck after not being able to all day 
  • Coming home to find the the green pepper I have been watching all week finally turned red
  • Hot tea on a drizzly morning
  • Finding five bucks in my coat after not wearing it for a year 
  • Popping the pit out of an avocado
  • Having a beer after gardening all day 
  • Butter Rum Bread Pudding at the Boat Street Cafe
  • Stuffing the bell and filling into the below project 
When my good friend Jenn got pregnant, I began digging around for some crafty gifts I could send to her. I checked out Lotta Jansdotter's new book, Simple Sewing for Baby.  And the one of the cutest projects I saw also happened to be the easiest. Soft rattles shaped like strange little giraffe. You just fill them with stuffing and a bell and *POOF* its a rattle. Genius.


1 comment:

jenn said...

We got your package on Thursday- thank you soooo much!!!! I love the things you made, they are absolutely perfect. I promise to take pictures after Sean is born so you can see everything in use : )