Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It Has Been a Sad Week

Denali got bit at the park. Check out the flesh wound.


Took a chunk right out of her. She's going to have a scar. Possibly a little bald spot. 

Let me back up and give you the full story. Over the weekend, Hubby took her to the park and came home several hours later without her. Needless to say, I was alarmed. Was she lost? Did he forget her? Was she kidnapped by a motorcycle gang?  No. She was bitten by a grumpy dog with a ball and had to go to the vet.

He was calm. Broke it to me quickly which I appreciated. I then proceeded to melt into worry-tears. Was she scared!?! Was there a lot of blood? Did she ask for me? Just kidding. Sort of. I'm a natural born worrier who tends to ask ridiculous questions during times of crisis.

Anyway, she came home later with one of those clear plexi-glass cones on her head. She looked like a martini with a giant black dog on it. She was so sad... and humiliated. She just hung her head a moped into the house. Which made me cry again. So the cone was temporarily removed. But one good thing did come out of this cow-pie of a situation. She has become a bona fide snuggler. She wasn't a snuggler before. She was a wrestler and a nibbler but not a snuggler. But look at her now. She's a pro.

4 comments:

Zinger said...

Sad times indeed. Glad to hear she is recovering well. Will Hubby start packing pepper spray on walks?

Emily said...

Poor baby! Should I send Murray to the park to beat up the mean dog? Oh who I am kidding?... I'm sure he'll get his furry behind kicked too.

Handmade and Homespun said...

I'm restraining the urge to wrap her in bubble wrap before we leave the house, but I think she'll be ok. Stitches should come out in the next couple days and we'll head back to the park.

Erin said...

Oh, poor baby!! I hate it when dog-aggressive dogs are unsupervised in public places. Sorry she got such a nasty chunk taken out of her, but glad she's discovered the value of snuggling.