Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crafty Gift Idea # 5 - Denim Laptop Snuggly

I was catching up on the Sew Mama Sew blog today and came across a post about gifts for college students. They had a pattern for a laptop cozy. And when I saw it, I remembered that back in my college days I made something similar that was also really easy (though this idea requires sewing whereas the one from Design*Sponge did not.)

If you have an old pair of jeans that you wouldn't mind parting with or perhaps you were thinking about making them into cut offs. You could make this. Don't ask me how I happened to find out that my trusty ibook fit into the leg of my pants, but it did. Making it a five minute job. And I ripped off the pocket and added that too. An easy gift for the college student or the business traveler in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. My best friend in high school made a three-ring binder cover out of old jeans, and sewed a pocket onto the front for her pencils. Ever since then, I've wanted to try it, but couldn't figure out how it's done.

I'm going to check out that sewing blog you linked!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I made a bedwarmer out of ripped up jeans just the other day. Synchronicity.